Types of Personal Data
You can visit our Website without revealing any personal data about yourself. However, in certain sections of this Website, we invite you to contact us with questions or comments, request information from us or complete a profile or registration form.
Due to the nature of some of these activities, we may collect some of the following types of personal data: name, address, e-mail address, phone number, password, username and other contact information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us. We may also collect information about you and your use of our Website and services through cookies, the log-in process, your e-mail and use of our Website, products or services.
Purposes and Legal Basis
We process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and only for the following limited, explicit and legitimate purposes and corresponding legal basis:
|Verify your identity and authorization to enter our Website||Our legitimate business interests to ensure the security and integrity of our company|
|Improve the content and general administration of the Website and our services||Our legitimate business interests to improve our products and services|
|Comply with legal obligations and/or regulatory investigations||Compliance with a legal obligation|
|Establish, investigate, exercise or defend any claim, litigation or arbitration||Our legitimate business interests to defend, establish, or be a party to legal claims, etc.|
Retention and Destruction of Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained (i) as long as required to carry out the purposes for which the personal data was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) in accordance with the storage periods required by applicable laws; or (iii) until you revoke your consent to the processing or storage of your personal data, if applicable. Personal data that has fulfilled the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed will be destroyed in an irreversible way. Personal data stored in electronic files will be deleted safely in an irreversible way by using technical methods, and printed personal data will be destroyed by shredding or incinerating such information.
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not target services to, nor does this Website target, children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- To other entities within Magnachip group;
- To public authorities or government agencies pursuing a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process or in the context of a formal investigation;
- To insolvency administrators in the event of company bankruptcy;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Magnachip’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Magnachip is among the assets transferred;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority.
We will not sell your personal data to any company or organization, provided that we may transfer your personal data to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Magnachip participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Magnachip’s assets to which this Website relates.
We have developed and implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal data from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Magnachip uses firewalls, password protection and secure socket layer, and places internal restrictions on who within Magnachip may access your personal data, to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
You may exercise the following data protection rights:
- The right to request access to and receive information about the personal data we process in relation to you.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- The right to restriction of processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability in order to transfer your personal data easily to another company.
- Where personal data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time (e.g., You can tell us not to send you any further marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to object to processing concerning your personal data.
You may also exercise these rights through your legal guardian or someone who has been authorized by you to exercise the right. However, in this case, you must submit a power of attorney to us in accordance with applicable laws.
You may contact the company to make requests about your rights mentioned above through the contact information listed in the “Contact” section below. Upon your request, we will take necessary measures without delay in accordance with applicable laws. You can also withdraw your consent at any time.
Updating Personal Data
We may provide you with the ability to update your contact information that you have provided to us through the Website. If you wish to update your personal data, you may access your account and review and update your personal data.
Website Users Outside of Republic of Korea
To protect your personal data and handle complaints relating to your personal data, we have appointed the following department to be responsible for managing and protecting your personal data.
- Department in charge of privacy related complaints: Compliance team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: May 26, 2021